Giving through tithes and offerings is very important.
For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, and in their eagerness to be rich some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pains.
1 Timothy 6: 10
One way you can give is through the UMC Market.
This online tool allows church members to make money for our church while doing their normal shopping online. UMC Market takes the 2-5% associates’ fee associated with most online retailers and gives it back to our church. All members have to do is sign up for the service and designate Desoto Saint Andrews (because that’s the way we’re listed) as the organization who receives the “donations.” It doesn’t cost a penny!
Here are some questions to get you thinking about giving:
- What does your current financial situation say about how you earn, save, give and spend money?
- What are some of your thoughts related to your giving? What changes would you like to make?
- Where did you see the poor this week? What did you do to help?
- Honestly, are your actions patronizing or are they acts of justice and love?
- In what ways can we discipline our living so others may live and the resources may be used more wisely?
Chuck Knows Church: Apportionments